Cambridge TL Program, 2024
Join a Leading Executive Education Programme in Cyprus!
5-6 December 2024, Four Seasons Hotel, Limassol
Enhance your leadership skills. Boost your confidence.
In times of rapidly changing business contexts and globalised work, managers depend more than ever on their subordinates to get results. Employees may thus represent both a key resource and a liability for managerial success. Tapping the full potential of employees, however, may require leadership and people management skills that stretch beyond ordinary managerial competencies.
Grounded in rigorous, cutting-edge research, this programme aims to provide you with inspiration, hands-on tools, and knowledge that may enhance your emotional and leadership skills for managerial results.
- Motivate your employees without using formal authority
- Flexibly adapt your leadership style to meet the needs of your employees
- Handle the ‘difficult’ colleagues in your organisation and get what you want without alienating them
- Effectively promote change in your organisation, and breach resistance to change
- Persuade your peers and get their buy-in to a new business idea they might find little appealing?
We will explore answers to those and other questions by drawing on a diversity of tools, frameworks, some theoretical ideas, but most importantly, the experience and the input from the delegates in the classroom. This programme aims to create value for anyone and the line management role who likes to explore fresh perspectives, new approaches, new tools, and methods in order to address leadership challenges.
So the teaching philosophy of the programme is heavily participant centred, which means that at the end of the day, this course is really about the challenges, the issues, the problems that participants face in managing and leading their employees.
Topics & benefits
Your learning journey
- Understand the different types of leadership styles
- Understand what is your dominant leadership approach
- Understand how to adapt your leadership style to meet the needs of your employees.
- Understand different approaches to leading organisational change
- Understand how to manage resistance to change
- Understand how social and informal networks can help facilitate change.
Persuasion & influence
- Understand better the ‘art’ and ‘science’ of effective persuasion
- Understand the role of social dynamics that influence persuasion efforts
- Have learned about a ‘process view’ of persuasion that is sensitive to time – the question of ‘when’ persuasion tactics are more or less effective.
- Understand some of the key motivators of human behaviour
- Acquire novel ideas on how to motivate employees beyond money
- Understand the importance of designing motivating work, as well as how to redesign work so that it is more motivating.
Over the two days of this fast-paced and practical programme you will:
- Explore fresh perspectives and approaches on leadership
- Explore the importance of motivation, change management and persuasion for leadership effectiveness
- Examine and reflect upon your own style of leading, motivating and persuading subordinates and colleagues
- Learn about tools and procedures to manage change effectively, and return to your business with concrete ideas of how to implement change
- On completion of the programme, participants will be awarded a digital certificate of completion by Cambridge Judge Business School Executive Education.
Cambridge Judge Business School General Management Certificate of Achievement. On completing the GMCA you will be eligible to become an associate member of Cambridge Judge Business School’s global network of graduates and business-focused University of Cambridge alumni, faculty and staff.
This programme is certified by the CPD Certification Service. It may be applicable to individuals who are members of, or are associated with, UK-based professional bodies.
Faculty & speakers
The Academic Programme Director (APD) for the Transformational Leadership programme is Professor Andreas Richter.
Access profiles of the programme’s APD and faculty:
Face-to-face is a traditional, intense classroom learning experience and is all about hands-on interaction. You will be a part of exercises, debates and conversations, engaging directly with our faculty and your peers. Conversations spill over into breaktimes and meals, forming lasting connections. Share your ideas, develop your network and grow professionally, whilst enjoying the historic city of Cambridge.
Who should attend?
- Executives responsible for managing or developing employees, to improve performance and organisational effectiveness
- Managers who wish to learn more about motivation and people management
- Organisations and individuals who wish to develop leadership qualities during times of organisational change
- Executives wishing to develop their leadership styles.
Note: A 10% discount will be offered to companies with more than 3 participants.