CIM Honorary Fellows
Honorary Fellowships are the most prestigious awards that our Business School can bestow.
The Business School’s Advisory Board elects annually as Honorary Fellows a small number of individuals who have contributed significantly to the development and transformation of business in Cyprus.
Under the terms of the Fellowship: The grant of Honorary Fellowship shall be conferred on such persons of eminence or distinction who the members of our Advisory Board shall in their absolute discretion think fit.
In making recommendations for Honorary Fellowship, the Business School’s Advisory Board will take account of any restrictions imposed by the Honorary Award Regulations, potential conflicts of interest or reputational issues. Incumbent staff of the Business School and members of the Advisory Board are not eligible for Honorary Fellowship.
Who can nominate Honorary Fellows?
The ‘Honorary Fellows Committee’ is made up of:
- CIM CEO
- CIM Chancellor
- Three Members of the Advisory Board
How and When to Nominate
Nominations are made by the end of October except if the Business School’s Council deems otherwise.
Who makes decisions on Honorary Fellowships?
Nominations for Honorary Fellowships are put forward to the Business School’s Advisory Board by the ‘Honorary Fellows Committee’. The HF Committee’s recommendations are laid before the Advisory Board for concurrence, and a final decision is taken by a majority vote. Student Representatives to the Advisory Board have no voting right. Successful candidates are invited to receive their awards at the annual CIM Summit in April.
Honorary Fellows Duties
- Maintain the good standing of the Business School and provide support to its activities
- Make every effort to attend the different Honorary Fellows events
- Make every effort to attend the Business School’s events
Who are the Current Honorary Fellows?
The Honorary Fellows currently are:
- Glafkos Mavros, Former General Manager, Hellenic Bank (CIM Alumnus)
- Petros Petrou, General Manager, Alpha TV
- + George Liveras, Director, Liveras & Associates (d. 2021)
- Phidias Pilides, Former President, Cyprus Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Ioannis Telonis, Executive Director, K&P Overseas Ltd
- Alkis Hadjikyriacos, CEO, Frou-Frou
- George Georgiou, Commercial Manager, Christodoulides Bros (CIM Alumnus)
- Evros Papadopoulos, Group Marketing Manager, Papaphilippou Ice Cream (CIM Alumnus)
- Antonis Karpasitis, Former CEO, MetLife
- Antonis Paschalides, Former Minister of Commerce
- Christos Michaelides, Former President, ΟΕΒ
- Marios Loucaides, Managing Director, Synpraxis
- Stelios Athanasiou, General Manager, Scandia (CIM Alumnus)
- Aristos Anastasiou, Business Development Manager, KEAN (CIM Alumnus)
- Emily Yiolitis, Former Minister of Justice and Public Order
- George Nicolaides, CEO, Gan Direct Insurance (CIM Alumnus)
- Christos Papaellinas, CEO, C.A.Papaellinas Group
- Natalia Kardash, CEO, Vestnik Kypra Group
- Achilleas Demetriou, CEO, Capital TV/Radio (CIM Alumnus)
- Lysandros Ioannou, CEO, PHC Group
- Despina Panayiotou Theodosiou, CEO, Tototheo Group, President EAC
- Yiannos Kremmos, General Manager, Blue Island PLC (CIM Alumnus)
- Themis Papadopoulos, CEO, Interorient Group
- John Patrick Hourican, Former CEO, Bank of Cyprus
- Costas Zorbas, CEO, Zorbas Bakeries
- Evi Papadopoulos, Marketing Director, KEAN +
- Pavlos Photiades, Managing Director, Photos Photiades Group
- Christos Mouskis, Executive Chairman, Muskita Hotels
- Kikis Treppides, Chairman, Treppides & Co
- Evgenios Evgeniou, Chairman, Invest Cyprus
- Christodoulos Angastiniotis, President, Cyprus Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Andreas Pittas, Executive Chairman, Medochemie
- Elena Tanou, Vice-President, Top Kinisis Travel
- Melis Shacolas, CEO, CNS Group
- Christodoulos Stephanis, Managing Director, A.Stephanis & Co Ltd
- Ioannis Matsis, Managing Director, Head of Cyprus MUFG Investor Services
- Dinos Lefkaritis, CEO, Petrolina (Holdings) Public Ltd
- Evangelia Eliadou, Executive Director, Pafilia
- Stavros Pantziaris, Chairman, EY
- Dr Shadi Karam, Former Chairman of the Board, AstroBank
- Christianna Diogenous, CEO, Unicars
- Alexis Charalambides, Chairman, Charalambides Christis
- Tonis Toumazis, Founder of AtlasPantou and Atlas Pantou Group
- Takis Phidia, CEO, CNP
- Andreas Hadjikyriacos, CEO, Gnora Communication Consultants
- Farah Shammas, Managing Director, St. Raphael Resort and Marina
- Despo Lefkariti, Managing Director, Delema McCann
- Elena Andreou, Managing Director, McDonald’s Cyprus
- Stavros Caramondanis, CEO, Ayia Napa Marina & Caramondanis Group of Companies
- Panicos Nicolaou, CEO, Bank of Cyprus
- Mark O’Neil, CEO & President, Columbia Shipmanagement
- Dr Marianna Prokopi-Demetriades, Co-Founder/Director, Theramir Ltd