Honorary Fellows Dinner 2016, 8th June
2016 CIM Honorary Fellows
Honorary Fellows Gala Dinner 2016
CIM Honorary Fellows
The award of an Honorary Fellowship is one of the most prestigious awards that the Business School can bestow. ‘Honorary Fellows; The grant of Honorary Fellowship shall be conferred on such persons of eminence or distinction who are not members as the Council shall in their absolute discretion think fit’. The induction of a steady stream of new Honorary Fellows (one per year) would be a useful ‘profile raiser’ for the Business School.
The Business School ’s Council elects annually as an Honorary Fellow 3-4 individuals that fall within the following categories:
- Local Executive with significant contribution to the Cyprus Business world
- Foreign Executive with significant contribution to the Cyprus Business world
- CIM alumnus who has excelled professionally
In making recommendations for Honorary Fellowship, the Business School ’s Council will take account of any restrictions imposed by the Honorary Award Regulations, potential conflicts of interest or reputational issues. Please note that current staff of the Business School and members of the Business School ’s Council are not eligible for Honorary Fellowship, until they retire.
Who can nominate Honorary Fellows?
The ‘Honorary Fellows Committee’ composes of:
- CIM Director-General
- CIM Deputy-Director
- Business School ’s Council President
- Business School ’s Council Oldest Member
How and When to Nominate
Nominations are made by the end of October except if the Business School ’s Council deems otherwise.
Who makes decisions on Honorary Fellowships?
Nominations for Honorary Fellowships are put forward to the Business School ’s Council by the ‘Honorary Fellows Committee’. The HF Committee’s recommendations are laid before the Business School ’s Council for concurrence, and a final decision is taken by a majority vote. Student Representatives to the Business School ’s Council have not voting right. Successful candidates are invited to receive their awards at the annual CIM Summit. A maximum of four new Honorary Fellows may be elected each year.
Honorary Fellows Duties
- Maintain the good standing of the Business School and provide support to its activities
- Attend the annual Honorary Fellows dinner
- Attend the Business School ’s events
Who are the Honorary Fellows?
The Honorary Fellows at the end of 2014 are:
- Glafkos Mavros, CEO, ExpoBank
- Petros Petrou, General Manager, Alpha TV
- George Liveras, Director, Liveras & Associates
- Thomas Kazakos, Director-General, Cyprus Shipping Chamber
- Phidias Pilides, President, ΚΕΒΕ
- Yiannis Telonis, Former Director of Strategy, Hellenic Bank
- Philokypros Andreou, CEO, Phil. Andreou Group
- Renos Onoufriou, Marketing Manager, Phileleftheros Group
- Alkis Hadjikyriacos, CEO, Frou-Frou
- George Georgiou, Marketing Manager, Christodoulides Bros
- Evros Papadopoulos, Marketing Manager, LaikoCosmos Trading
- Antonis Karpasitis, CEO, MetLife
- Antonis Paschalides, Former Minister of Commerce
- Christos Michaelides, President, ΟΕΒ
- Marios Loucaides, Managing Director, CTC
- Stelios Athanasiou, General Manager, IDEEA (Scandia)
- Aristos Anastasiou, Commercial Manager, Fereos
- Emily Yiolitis, Partner, Harneys LLP
- Dmitry Morozof, CEO, CYPV Energy Ltd
- George Nicolaides, CEO, GanDirect Insurance
- Phivos Vaki, General Manager, Columbia ShipManagement
- Christos Papaellinas, CEO, C.A.Papaellinas Group
- Natalia Kardash, CEO, Vestnik Kypra Group
- Achilleas Demetriou, CEO, Capital TV/Radio